To forward Gmail incoming messages to another email address automatically:
- Click the Gear icon at the top right corner of the Gmail screen and select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select the Forwarding tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter your BISD email address under Please enter a new forwarding email address.
- Click Next.
- Click Proceed in the pop-up window.
- Go to your BISD email inbox. Open the confirmation email from Gmail Team with the subject Gmail Forwarding Confirmation at the address to which you are forwarding.
- Highlight and copy the 8-part code under Confirmation code.
- Switch to Gmail in your browser.
- Paste the 8-part confirmation code in the Confirmation code field in the Forwarding tab.
- Click Verify.
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail and enter the email address you just set up.
- Click the field next to the email address to choose how Gmail should handle forwarded messages. Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox instructs Gmail leave the message in your Gmail Inbox as new and unread.
- Mark Gmail's copy as read leaves the messages in the Gmail inbox but marks them as read.
- Archive Gmail's copy—probably the most useful setting—instructs Gmail to mark farwaded messages as read, remove them from the Inbox, and keep them in the archive for later search or retrieval.
- Delete Gmail's copy to move the messages to the Trash after they have been forwarded. Trashed messages are deleted automatically after 30 days.
14. Click Save Changes.