How do I get rid of the Out of Office note in Lync?
If your Lync account is synced via Microsoft Exchange Server to your Outlook calendar, an out-of-office message appears in Lync after you turn on the Out of Office reply in Microsoft Outlook. To get rid of the out-of-office message display in Lync, you need to turn off the Out of Office reply in Outlook:
- Click the File tab in Outlook, and then click the Turn off button in the Automatic Replies panel.
Note: It may take several minutes for the message to disappear in Lync.
On the Status options window you can change the number of minutes that elapse before your presence status changes to Inactive and Away, if you don’t want to use the default settings. You can also have Lync automatically detect when you are sharing information from this computer. Lync will set your status as Presenting and block others from sending messages to you during that time.
To set these presence status options:
- In the Lync main window, click the Options button, and then click Status.
- Click the up and down arrows to specify the number of minutes before your presence status changes to Inactive.
- Click the up and down arrows to specify the number of minutes before your presence status changes to Away.
- Click the appropriate button to control general status (override default settings or accept them), and then click OK.
- Select the checkboxes labeled Show me as Do Not Disturb when I present my desktop and Show me as Do Not Disturb when my monitor is duplicated to let others know not to interrupt you when you are giving a presentation or otherwise collaborating online from your Lync-enabled computer.
Although the presence states in Lync are pre-set, you can always write a personal note at the top of the Lync main window to provide more details about where you are and what you’re doing. Just click the note display area and type over the note that’s currently displayed.