Schedule a Lync Meeting
You can simply schedule an Lync Meeting by using the Outlook add-in for Lync.
- Open your Outlook calendar and on the Home tab, click New Lync Meeting.
- In the meeting request, add recipients, a subject, agenda, and date/time.
The meeting request contains the meeting link and audio information that the participant can use to join the meeting or conference call.
Set meeting options
You can customize your meeting options to fit your requirements, meeting type, and the participants. For example, customize access, presenters, video sharing permissions, and so on.
In the meeting request, click Meeting Options, then click A new meeting space (I control permissions).
- To control meeting access, select an option under These people don’t have to wait in the lobby.
- To choose presenters, select an option under Who’s a presenter?
- To mute all attendees and prevent them from sharing video, use the options under Do you want to limit participation?
Join a Lync Meeting
- In the meeting request, click Join Lync Meeting or click Join Online in the meeting reminder.
- On the Join Meeting Audio window, select one of the options:
Do I need a PIN, work number or extension?
Not always. Most of the time when you call in to the meeting, you get connected right away. You only need a PIN and extension if:
- You’re the leader (Organizer) of the meeting, and calling from a phone that isn’t connected to your account; such as a cell phone.
- You’re an attendee, but the meeting is secured and you need to be identified before joining, (referred to as Authenticated caller).
When prompted, use your phone dial pad to enter your number and PIN.
If you don’t remember your PIN, click Forgot your Dial-in PIN in the meeting request and follow the instructions on the page to reset.