1. Log into a campus PC. (You can use any Desktop in the building)
2. Once you are logged in and at your desktop screen (with all the icons and wallpaper), Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete (again, just like you did when you first logged in) and select Change a Password.
3. Your username will automatically appear in the first box. Enter your old password, and your new desired password twice (entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly).
(STAFF) PASSWORDS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Password Length: 16 Characters
Password History: Cannot be the same as your previous 5 passwords
(STUDENT) PASSWORDS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Password Length: 8 Characters
Passphrases are a simpler way to create and remember strong passwords. The advantage is these are much easier to remember and type, but still hard for cyber attackers to hack. Here are two different examples:
Time for tea at 1:23
What makes these passphrases so strong is not only are they long, but they use capital letters and symbols. (Remember, spaces and punctuation are symbols.) At the same time, these passphrases are also easy to remember and type.
Click the arrow icon to change the password.
4. This will be your new network password used to log onto your computer, Eduphoria, web email, Skyward, My Birdville Portal, etc. Your g.birdvilleschools.net password will remain the same, but you can update it to match if desired.
Remember, after completing the password change process, you will need to update the password used in email applications and Wi-Fi connections on personal mobile devices.
- Apple: https://helpdesk.birdvilleschools.net/hc/en-us/articles/204553600
- Android: https://helpdesk.birdvilleschools.net/hc/en-us/articles/204553540
- Apple: https://helpdesk.birdvilleschools.net/hc/en-us/articles/202397300-Setting-up-your-BISD-email-to-iPhone-
- Android (Removing email): https://helpdesk.birdvilleschools.net/hc/en-us/articles/204554110
- Android (Adding email) https://helpdesk.birdvilleschools.net/hc/en-us/articles/202397480