Once you have set up your laptop and projector...and powered up the projector, follow these steps to connect your laptop to the projector.
Connecting VGA Cable
Projector to VGA:
1. Connect one end of the VGA cable (it is usually supplied with the projector and has blue ends) to the VGA output on the back of the laptop. The VGA output is color-coded blue as well on the laptop.
Dell Laptop to VGA:
2. Connect the other end of the VGA cable to the VGA input (labeled VGA in or Computer in) on the back of the projector. On many projectors, this is color-coded blue as well.
Setting up the Screen
Press and hold the Function key on the keyboard and then press the F8 key one time. (Be patient...it may take a few seconds for the image to appear) This should spilt the video signal from the laptop and allow your desktop image to appear on the projector.
If the image does not appear after a few seconds, you may repeat step 3. Keep in mind that pressing Function/F8 is actually performing a 'loop' action.
- Pressing this key combination once splits the video signal.
- Pressing it a second time will stop the signal to the laptop monitor and send it only to the projector.
- Pressing it a third time will stop the signal going to the projector and send it only to the laptop monitor.