1) Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose New → Shortcut as shown. This will start the Create Shortcut wizard.
2) Type in %windir%\explorer.exe followed by a space and then the website address (for which you want to create the shortcut) in the text field. In the following example, we will be creating a shortcut to http://www.birdvilleschools.net. Click Next to continue.
3) Type in the shortcut name of your choice. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
4) Right-click on the newly created shortcut on your desktop and choose Properties from the right-click menu. In the Properties window, choose Shortcut tab and then click on the Change Icon
5) Type in %programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (you can copy and paste) in the Look for the icons in this file field and press Enter. Then click on the Internet shortcut icon as shown. Click OK to save the settings.
6) Click OK in the Properties window to set the icon for the newly created shortcut on Desktop.
7) Now the final step. Right-click on the newly created shortcut and choose Pin to Taskbar. You will now see the URL shortcut in your Windows 7 taskbar at the bottom of the screen.