Laptop receives error message: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"
This error indicates that the computer has lost its network connection and cannot "check in" to the district's server to verify your password. In this instance, you will have to temporally hard wire the laptop to the network by following these steps:
1. Connect an Ethernet cable to the Laptop's
Ethernet port. The port may be on the side or back.
(resembles a home telephone cable but a little larger).
You can borrow a cable from a district phone or another computer if you do not have an Ethernet cable.
2. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet jack on the wall.
3. Now you will need to "restart" the laptop.
4. Login to see if the error message has gone away.
5. If you can make a connection to the internet unplug the Ethernet cable from the laptop and reboot.
6. Login again without the Ethernet Cable connected to determine if the issue has been resolved.
7. If you still receive the error message after you have disconnected the Ethernet cable from the laptop, open a service request to report the laptop's wireless network connection issue.