Mapping to a network or shared drive will allow you to connect to the network/shared location quickly and easily.
- Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking "Computer" along the right side.
- Click "Map network drive" along the top menu bar.
- Picture of the Map Network Drive dialog box
- The Map Network Drive dialog box
- In the Drive list, click a drive letter.
- You can choose any available letter.
- In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer. Example: \\server_name\folder_name
- To connect every time you log on to your computer, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
- Click Finish.
Your computer is now connected, or mapped, to the network drive.
- If you can't connect to a network drive or folder, you might not have the correct permissions. If you can't connect, submit a Technology Service Request.